Do you want to sell your used phone for some extra cash? Or maybe you want to buy a used phone because you don’t want to pay full price for a brand new one? If so, then you’ve come to the right place. I can show you how to sell used phones for the most money or how to get the best deal buying used phones.
I’ve had a lot of experience selling phones on the internet as well as locally in person. I’ve gotten so good at it that I usually make money when upgrading to a brand new cell phone just by selling my older phone…
Unfortunately, I’ve also broken, lost, and had phones stolen and have had to buy used phones as replacements.
I consider myself an expert in the mobile phone world, and will keep you updated with industry news, reviews, as well as all the tips and tricks I’ve learned over the years. You can find out more about me here.
Selling Your Phone Is Simple
There are millions of consumers that use cell phones. Every time you upgrade to a new cell phone, you are presented with the opportunity to sell your old phone for cash. Just because your previous phone seems old and outdated to you doesn’t mean they are for someone else.
Don’t forget, there are consumers out there have broken or lost their cell phones and don’t have an upgrade available from your wireless service provider. Without an upgrade they would have to pay full price. Or, they can buy a used phone from YOU!
Also, don’t forget about those old phones stored away in your dresser drawer. Every day, hundreds-of-thousands of new mobile devices are sold and activated. When this happens, perfectly good, not-so-old mobile devices are set aside and often forgotten about. I want to help find these phones a new home, and help YOU make some extra cash at the same time. You can also apply all these tips and tricks to buying and selling used tablets.
Here’s How I Can Help You
Next, get started with my guide on selling used cell phones. It a bit lengthy but it covers everything you need to know to sell your phone for the most money.
I will also help prevent you from being scammed when buying or selling a used cell phone. Be careful, there is a lot of fraud out there. If you’re here to learn about how to buy and sell used cell phones to make an extra side income, check out my guide on how to make money flipping phones.
What’s The Best Way To Sell Used Cell Phones
You’re a mobile consumer on-the-go. You care about having the newest cell phone on the market. You always use your wireless phone upgrade every two years to extend your contract and buy a discounted cell phone. You want to flip a switch that will trade-in your old cell phone for cash without putting to much effort into it. Obviously, for the average consumer, you want to sell your old used cell phone for as much cash as possible. However, finding the best place to sell your phone can be tough, so we’ve put together this resource – a one-stop-shop, all-inclusive guide to help you sell your used cell phone and mobile devices that won’t cost you too much time and effort. (P.S. This guide is for used cell phones and any other mobile devices including tablets such as the iPad).
Buying A Used Phone Is Also Simple
You may find yourself on the other side of a used cell phone transaction. There are many positives to buying a factory refurbished cell phone or a used phone directly from another consumer…
- Save Lots of Money! If you do not like saving money, then buying a refurbished or used cell phone is not for you! On average you will save at least 50% – 75% when you buy a used device. Even if you purchase a refurbished phone direct from one of the major carriers’ websites you can save big!
- Save The Environment. Did you know the average American keeps a phone for only 18 months? According to the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, there are more than 260 million cell phones in use in the U.S alone. Approximately 170 million are replaced each year, with 90% thrown into the trash and only 10% reused or recycled. Used cell phones and mobile devices that are no longer activated are considered electronic waste, or “e-waste.” Cell phones dumped in a landfill or burned in a trash incinerator release hazardous substances into the environment. Buy a refurbished phone to prevent this contamination.
- You want a few more features but don’t need the newest technology. You can buy a new cell phone that has more features than your old one and will be way cheaper than buying a new phone from your wireless phone service.
- Avoid contracts. If you buy a new cell phone through your wireless service provider and use your upgrade, they will require that extend your contract an additional two years. However, if you buy a used phone, you can keep your month-to-month relationship with your wireless service provider.
Find The Best Deals On Used Cell Phones (Quick Reference chart)
For a full resource list for buying used cell phones online, see here. If you need a quick solution, check out the links below. Amazon and Ebay are two of the largest online marketplaces for mobile devices including phones and tablets. Be sure to do your research on the seller and the device you want to buy.[table id=13 /]
Quick Tips To Buy A Used Cell Phone Online
- Check the feedback of the seller.
- Examine the phone’s condition through the description and pictures.
- Know what the phone you are trying to buy is actually worth, and try to pay less than that.
- Use a payment service that protects you as a buyer.
- Request that the seller includes shipping insurance.
- Buy a phone that works with your wireless service provider. (Verizon, AT&T, T-Mobile, Sprint, etc…)